IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS SUPPORT:
Cville Community Cares: Is offering mini-grants for people impacted by COVID-19. There are no restrictions regarding how funds will be used: Request up to $200 per household. Apply here. (This form will temporarily close at 8pm on Friday March 20th, in order to prioritize the 1000+ requests they have received.)
WAYS TO GIVE AND RECEIVE SUPPORT:
Support Cville - this is the most comprehensive website listing ways for people to give and receive support.
- Link to contribute to local nonprofits, restaurants and UVA students.
- Link for ways to receive money, supplies and services.
DONATE to COVID-19 SUPPORT FUNDS
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation
- United Way COVID-19 Crisis Relief Fund
- Alliance for Interfaith Ministries
- LOVE in the name of Christ
BLUE RIDGE AREA FOOD BANK
- Needs healthy volunteers to work at the food bank. See their statement on COVID-19 and their Volunteer page.
FREE INTERNET ACCESS
In addition to hopping on free wifi hotspots at local restaurants and public schools, COMCAST Xfinity is now offering free hotspots to anyone who needs them for free, including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
(credit: United Methodist Church)
Resources for Digital Ministry
At the bottom of this page is a 60plus minute zoom class that Kim Johnson taught specifically to help people do digital ministry in the midst of the c-19 situation
Online Worship Tutorial
Pastor Sam Plymale on the Greene Charge has put together this youtube video to assist you with offering worship on FB, livestream, etc.
Live Stream your Ministry PDF
Recording Worship PDF
ONLINE FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND GIVING
Here are some suggestions about trying to continue receiving financial support while we are not physically meeting.
10 ideas for church financial leaders amid the covid-19 crisis
Understanding E-Giving Slideshow
CHURCH GIVING PLATFORMS (not an endorsement of the services below)
$0 setup cost
- Mobile giving w/ iOS / Android app
- Online giving and mobile kiosks
- Cash/check gift entry and recording
- Event registration and management
- Debit, Credit & ACH/Bank payments
ACH/Bank: 1% + 30¢ | AMEX: 3.5% + 30¢
Paypal for Non-Profits -
- The standard rate for a PayPal nonprofit business account is 2.9% + $0.30 per domestic transaction.
- Qualified 501(c)(3) organizations can receive a discounted charity rate of 2.2% + $0.30 per domestic transaction. Get started at paypal.com/charities.