SupportCville.com has the most comprehensive list of support (financial, supplies, housing, food, etc.) in our community.
Below are a few organizations where you can donate to support our community:
- Charlottesville Area Community Foundation’s Emergency Response Fund
- Give to a specific local organization established at the Community Foundation.
- SupportCville.com has more organizations you can donate to.
- Public Housing Association of Residents (PHAR) Cville
- The Monacan Nation
- SURJ is promoting a stimulus check donation drive to help especially those who are undocumented, incarcerated, do not have social security numbers, or home addresses . Click here for more information and to pledge. Here’s a report on how SURJ Charlottesville has contributed to Covid-19 Mutual Aid.
- #50forFood - Cville Community Cares is partnering with Sin Barreras to raise $50,000 for immediate distribution to Charlottesville-area residents who are experiencing food insecurity. Commit your stimulus check for this aid by donating at https://congregatecville.com/.
“Shepherding Through a Pandemic” Informational Session on COVID-19 for Faith Leaders
On May 27, Dr. Jeanita Richardson (Professor of Public Health Sciences at UVa's School of Medicine) gave a presentation on “Shepherding Through a Pandemic,” focusing on what faith leaders need to know about the COVID-19 pandemic and how to prepare for the reopening of their congregations.
Below you will find supporting information from the presentation.
- Zoom link to the Video of the Presentation. Password: 4M.@2nyl
- Slide Deck of the Presentation
- Rough Notes of the Presentation
- “We’re Going to be OK” - Tips and advice book for children
PDF Handouts mentioned by Dr. Richardson
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility - CDC
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- COVID-19 “Staying Alive” Poster
- COVID-19 Info Flyer
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Virginia Forward - Phase One for Religious Services
- Center for Disease Control’s COVID-19 webpage
- Center for Disease Control’s COVID-19 print resources (offered in different languages)
- Virginia Department of Health’s COVID-19 webpage (includes statistics shown during presentation)
- Thomas Jefferson Health District’s COVID-19 data portal (stats broken down by race, ethnicity, gender, age, etc.)
- Virginia’s PHASE ONE Guidelines webpage
- Thomas Jefferson Health District’s COVID-19 Data Portal
ARTICLES: COVID-19 and Race
- PolicyLink.org recently published an article advocating for a “Common-Sense, Street-Smart Recovery” to build an inclusive economy and equitable nation that works for all. It includes these principles: 1. Center Racial Equity, 2. Put People First, 3. Invest in Community Infrastructure, 4. Build an Equitable Economy, and 5. Protect and Expand Community Voice and Power. Read the article here.
- Black Americans dying of Covid-19 at three times the rate of white people - TheGuardian.com
- COVID-19 Killing African Americans at Shocking Rates - MedPageToday.com
- What Do Coronavirus Racial Disparities Look Like State By State? - NPR.org
- Why “essential” workers are treated as disposable - Vox.com
- How the coronavirus exposed health disparities in communities of color - WashingtonPost.com
- Racism, Not Genetics, Explains Why Black Americans Are Dying Of COVID-19 - ScientificAmerican.com